Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Supermoon 3/19/2011 - Emmett Idaho Photographer

A photographer's dream......a huge, bright moon. Or so I thought. Emmett's skies were filled with thick clouds so I missed the beautiful orange full moon that I was longing to see. I pretty much gave up the idea of photographing the supermoon; until I started to see a beam of light coming from outside my window. Finally! The clouds started to clear and I was able to see this beaming white full moon in the sky. So I broke out the camera again, set-up outside and started to shoot.

Ugh...I was not liking anything. This moon was sooooooo bright that the glow was just as bright as the moon itself so all I was getting was a bright blob. It was so bright that you'd swear I was shooting into the sun (just without any flare). I was just about to give up again, until some thin clouds started rolling in and something told me to keep shooting.

I'm so glad I listened to my "inner self" and kept shooting just a little bit longer........

No comments:

Post a Comment