Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm seeing stars.......... - Emmett, Idaho Photographer

Today I helped a friend work on her calendar for an awesome non-profit cause. We had some good laughs over how "particular" I am (she calls it "being anal", I call it "being particular"). I just like uniformity on certain things; that's all.

After quite a few hours later, we were finished and I walked her and her daughter outside to her car and looked out at the bright moon. It was beautiful! Not quite a full moon, but pretty close. We had slight clouds over the moon giving it such a beautiful glow of colors and the stars were brightly shining as well. So I said my goodbyes to them and rushed back in the house to grab my camera and tripod.

I turned off all the lights outside and shut the curtains to the house (heaven forbid the family goes without lights for just a few dang minutes so I can get a good shot). Good things the curtains are nice and thick ;)

Unfortunately I don't live in an open field or on a desolate road where there's no light at all around me, and I didn't have time to get in the car and drive to the river (darn....that would have been an awesome shot!). So I had to deal with my surroundings and take what I could take from my open back yard porch.

If anyone is a constellation buff, can you tell me what the star constellation is on the right on these photos?




 You can see a bigger version of these photos on my facebook account.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful picture! Looks like it could be Orion.
    ~Cam

    ReplyDelete